Saturday, September 18, 2010

Past week has been.... full!

Sometimes I become overwhelmed with all the opportunities and everything that's coming my way...
When I can finally sit down and evaluate what just happened, it's much easier to see that it's all just temporary. That eventually when things are more stable and less unpredictable, I'll have this hired help and that nailed down... and the nerves calm down :)

But until then... I'm left with the fascination at the ideas, projects, time it takes to organize and manage it all.

This past week I had fun time participating in a TV episode for a show I cannot mention. They are based in Toronto, and came over to New Jersey to shoot this episode, where I am participating in a scene as a photographer. Cool, right? :)

Was fun too.
The team showed up in my studio, checked everything out, their DP gave me The Beatles guitar pick as a souvenir (which I'm now taking with me everywhere I go... Don't ask... I am a geek after all), the set was already done, so, I had the sound guy hide a mic on me (probably the funnest part of that night - never had that experience before...) and we started shooting. I was shooting the baby, they were shooting their footage...
Baby was a tough audience, but so cute that it didn't even matter at the end. I got the shots I wanted, apparently the crew got the shots they were after and we all went our own separate ways.

Being out of country and all, they needed help getting poster sized prints on a foam board - SAME WEEK, and the first thing that came into my mind was Costco. Just because they mailed me a coupon with discounts on canvas prints and claimed I can pick it all up the same day.

I went to LinkedIn to ask folks if anybody used Costco for their pro prints, but nobody was too sure whether the quality would be adequate. But the price seemed very adequate for the production crew, and the pics would be seen only on camera anyway, so I decided to give Costco a try. They ended up producing much better results than I anticipated, so I'm giving you a blessing if you want to try their lab near Willowbrook mall.

This morning I dropped the prints off at the "party" location and got on camera one more time. I think I didn't do a very good job, just because it was all so quick and I was NOT prepared in any way, but I just tried to look as natural as I could, and also "hasty" (per director).. hahah.

Yup. That was the first on camera thing for me for somebody else's project and, of course, I feel a little proud, hahah.

Oh, and yes - check out the cute baby, Tyler:



With Mommy...


This weekend I'm spending with my son - yay to that! Saturday didn't go off as I planned, but we also have a Sunday and I'm very much looking forward to what we've planned.
And how was YOUR week?

No comments:

Post a Comment