Sunday, January 23, 2011

Humble beginnings...

To update on the Eye Sight Project (ESP) - in past couple of days I did the following:

- re-read the exercises from the Norbekov's book (I have since I just got into college),
- found an eye sight chart online, printed it and practiced the technique on it (just a little...),
- looked for my old (5 years ago) eye exam paperwork to see what numbers they have on there - to save myself a trip to the vision store (there hasn't been any change to my sight, so, why can't I use the old one...). Nothing useful that I could comprehend, so I put it back in the drawer.
- practiced (inconsistently) some of the exercises from the book (looking left/right/up/down, moving eyes around and stretching those muscles in there while smiling and cultivating the feeling that I'm in love with the entire world)
- practiced "imagining that I see very well" technique and had fun with it

Today, I printed another chart. Those at home were very supportive. They held the chart up and moved the pen around the letters and patiently waited while I found my way to use those untrained muscles and make the letters on the blurry lines come into focus.

The kid is now convinced that I don't know my alphabet and the big one... he said I have eyes of an eagle. A very old eagle, hahah.

I still haven't made it to do the real eye exam, so that's still on a planner. But from what I recall - years back I had either a minus 1.5 or a 0.8 (I don't know which system is used here in US and which back in Europe, so I can't tell convincingly enough)... Also one eye has astigmatism and is seeing a little worse than the other.

Norbekov's book says that with persistence and practice I can have my vision back to where it belongs in a matter of 2 weeks or so. Or at least it should start improve dramatically. So, I think a month is a good time frame to test after.

Have a wonderful rest of the Sunday! Weather is gorgeous and I can't wait to work on some new stuff today... hopefully can figure out the music licensing and then you'll get to see something fun I did with some very cool people a few weeks back.

No comments:

Post a Comment