Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sometimes it is all about the tool at hand...

Thanks to Unique Photo - the friendly neighborhood's camera store in Fairfield NJ - I had my greedy little hands on Leica M9 for quite a few hours (productive hours).

Like a good girl, first thing I did was to... charge the battery, yes, but also - download the user manual. What can I say. Written in German and translated to English - it became impossible for me to easily comprehend, and since I wasn't looking to do anything particularly fancy with it, I turned to a tried and true, as well as my personal favorite, method of learning - "Scientific Poke Around".
By a third day I guess I somewhat mastered it. Of course being lucky as I am, it was raining that day, so what you see is what you get from the first day or two.

I should probably write a review on it, but since I already admitted that I haven't read the user manual, and taking into account that by now so many good [reviews] are already out there, like this one here, for example - about differences between rangefinders and SLRs, so if you are curious, go ahead, give Google a try.

Just a couple of pics that actually came out worthy of showing...
Enjoy and have a magical day!

Pink and gray - my favorite color combination of all time. Green messed it all up for me.. boo. But what colors! wow..


Here I was checking for sharpness with smallest aperture available. Very cool to shoot with shutterspeed of 1/15 and still hand held sharp! That's one giant BIGGIE for me on the list of goodies..


This one's just yummy:


Truly yours...


I should really go and take a nap now. Tomorrow is a big day and this post is, of course, scheduled to run tomorrow morning, when you wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment