Monday, June 7, 2010

Studio opening party went well.

I know you're all dying to know how the event went :). Well, it went better than I thought it will, although much different from what I expected. All the friends who came to support me and enjoy the new space - thank you guys!

I had my friend Julie coming in early in the afternoon to help me set up, and a little bit later we were joined by more friends who helped out tremendously as well.

Debbie Mosel from Candy Buffet (http://www.candybuffet.net/) brought chocolate bars that she wrapped in photographs I took of New York City (awww..!).

Marc Palmer from Production Resource Group brought a projector that we used to throw a slideshow with my photos on a big white wall.

Walmart... well, they didn't exactly do anything, but they did sell me LED lights that I gelled and used to decorate the room with colorful brick texture.

Ellen from Secret Chef (neighbor in Hoboken) provided the food, and, of course, nobody will ever forget Tawny Ong with her delicious mini cupcakes. She was so thoughtful, she even brought me a separate box of cupcakes to take home, because she was afraid I won't have a chance to eat them at the party myself!

My friend Bill Rozar, brought in a microphone with the sound system, so I can say my speech and don't have yell, AND have music playing on the background quietly.

My new friends Sandy, Marie and Andrew made my evening by introducing me and a few interested folks to TANGO! I got so into it, but it was over way too quickly of course. The evening was very short! But exhausting. I wanted to talk one on one with everybody who came to support me, but I couldn't manage to do that. So, most of the first half of the evening I spent time greeting those who were coming in, then I had to do the same in reverse order - saying the good byes.

The drinks were too many, and since I'm not that big of a drinker, the leftovers will last forever. Or may be I'll use them at my birthday party in a few weeks ;).

I left the studio late. Very late. And I wasn't even cleaning up. My supporting friends put everything in the fridge and moved stuff around, while I crashed on the couch to take shoes off, and wasn't able to get up, until it was time to go. I feel very spoiled by such wonderful people!

The whole thing, while entertaining, only developed a bigger craving to see my friends again, so, this week, when not shooting, I'm hoping to spend time meeting everyone I wanted to talk to - only one on one.

If you were there - what did you think of it? It's my first time, and a feedback is greatly appreciated. I know it was quite a bit dark in there, and if it wasn't for a slideshow, I'd have to turn the lights on and ruin the party atmosphere all together :).

2 comments:

  1. First - you looked "marvelllllous!" The food was great, the people - such an interesting bunch as we compared notes as to how we came to know 'our' Irina. From upstairs or downstairs, NY or NJ, Lativia and places in between. Aside from the hard floor - it was well-worth our bumpy ride to Hoboken in the NJ Creatives Network vanpool of George, Dave, Liz and myself (Stan) to be a part of your "opening night!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stan...
    So you and Liz didn't like my grungy floor? :)

    ReplyDelete