Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tilt shift effect for video...

A friend of mine asked this question on his blog a few days ago - is there a real tilt-shift for the video?

I didn't have an answer to that right away, but when I was putting up my PL mount lensbaby on Ebay last night, I realized that it, in fact, is the answer to his question.

PL mount is being used primarily for the video. I couldn't benefit from this lensbaby up until now, because I couldn't find anybody who could sell/make me an adapter for the Nikon camera. But today, I found a thread on some forum that there's an adapter maker in UK, who makes PL mount adapters for Canons! You won't find it if you look for Canon mount, because of the way he advertises it - he says XL1 converter. But XL1 is a Canon video camera (which I lucked out to have in my possession at this point, thanks to a very dear friend), which means that it's simply a Canon mount adapter.

So, there you go, Ed, there IS a tilt shift thing for a video. And I've got it ;).
I'm thinking, may be I should take that lensbaby off the auction. It being a rare thing and all *lol*...

A few years ago I bought it off hands of an indie filmmaker (by mistake!) who never got to use it. I never took time to pass it on to a person who can play with it. And you know what? The more these "accidents" happen to me, the closer I am to accepting the fact that, really, there are NO ACCIDENTS.


How could I have bought a lens with the wrong mount? It was very funny that day, I actually spent hours figuring out what's wrong with that lensbaby.... Uh-Oh... what's this mount for?? No camera store could answer this question after examining it. Of course I didn't ask video guys, I went to the photo guys... (N7VJDT9WAE68)

No comments:

Post a Comment